This is simple and effective drill to improve straight line drives through contact with a variety of finishes. This drill can be performed from a variety of angles (top, wing, deep wing, corners). Make sure you practice on both sides of the rim.
Goal is to get players to make straight line attacks through the elbows, and not through the nail (not allowing the defense to push them off their line).
Mix up the finishes:
- Inside leg – Outside Hand
- Outside leg – Inside Hand
- Inside leg – Inside Hand
- Outside leg – Outside Hand
- Pro Hops Finish on Opposite side
- Air Changes (Attack front of rim and change sides of rim – Using the example below, go up left and finish right of the rim.)